One of the best ways to promote a new business is through a website. Hiring a web designer to create a custom website along with paying maintenance fees can cost thousands.
Another option is to create your own website.
Some great reasons to create your own website:
- You are 100% in control.
- You own your own domain.
- You pay your own low hosting fees. Hosting fees are a fraction of the cost that a web designer would charge.
- No maintenance fees. You are maintaining your own website!
What you need to create your own website:
- A domain name (approximately $15/year)
- A web host provider (approximately $50/year)
- A Content Management System (CMS) – This is how you design and maintain the website. WordPress is a very popular and highly recommended CMS to use. (WordPress is free! $0/year)
- A website template- WordPress offers thousands of free templates to choose from to help get your website started. There are also many full-featured premium templates that can be purchased. (Some templates- Free; Premium Templates- approximately $30-$90)
A basic business website usually only needs about 4-5 pages. Most websites have a Home Page, an About Page, a Services and/or Products Page, and a Contact Page.
Bluehost is a top-rated web host provider that offers amazing hosting plans that include a Free domain for the the first year!
Bluehost makes it EASY to setup up your own new business website! Find out how below:
How to purchase a domain and a web hosting plan and get started on a WordPress website with Bluehost
Select a hosting plan for as low as $3.95/month.
Choose a FREE domain or use a domain you already own.
Fill out new account information.
Fill out payment information.
Choose a password for your account.
Login to your new account.
Select a Free WordPress theme.
Login to WordPress.
Get started in the WordPress dashboard.
Create your new website!
Launch your new website!